blessing

Jan 1, 2024

A New Year prayer from today’s first reading, set beautifully to music by John Rutter.

1. God’s Blessing on you Father John thanks for your inspiration and teaching may you have a blessed New Year

2. Thank you John for the beautiful blessings and may your year be blessed.

3. May the message of this beautiful blessings be with you always too, Father John. Thanks so much for all of the beautiful reflections you send to challenge and help us on our journey.

4. Feeling very blessed today.

5. Thank you father for all your reflections through 2023 and May our Dear Lord bless you through 2024

6. Thankyou Father John for your helpful comments at different Seasons of the Church year.
    They give me encouragement each day to go out knowing God is with me no matter what!

7. Fr John
    I’m sure this blessing from Numbers must have been the foundation of the Famous Irish blessing
    “ May the road rise up to meet you……”
    I love the motets which have come from the scriptures some of which I have been able to sing with choirs in our parish!

who or what ?

who or what ?

We know Peter’s response. But more importantly, how do you respond today?

signs please God

signs please God

It was the opening of today’s gospel that prompted me to seek signs: This is a wicked generation; it is asking for a sign.

Our Father

Our Father

a father taught his child to pray this prayer especially in the middle of the night when the child woke and felt sad or anxious.

just do it

just do it

I received a letter from the bishop of Christchurch (Denis Hanrahan) which began: Dear John, I am happy to inform you

tempted ?

tempted ?

Temptation is usually understood as an impulse to choose wrong over right, bad over evil, unhealthy over healthy