- Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy (Benjamin Franklin)
- You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. (Frank Zappa)
- Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer. (Freddie Freak)
- Beer has food value, but food has no beer value. (JR Robertson)
- In Vino Veritas, In Cervesio Felicitas (In wine there is truth, in beer there is joy) (Anonymous)
- He was a wise man who invented beer. (Plato)
- 24 beers in a case. 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? (Steven Wright)
- I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall or communism, or the fact that the refrigerator is still working. (Dave Barry)
- If God had intended us to drink beer, he would have given us stomachs. (David Daye)
- WIthout question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. (Dave Barry)
- Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. (Henry Lawson)
- In my opinion, most of the great men of the past were only there for the beer. (A.J.P. Taylor)
- Good ale will make a cat speak. (Old English Proverb)
- I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. (Tom Waits)
my word your home
The heart of the home in years past was the hearth.
It was at the hearth that the family gathered for the warmth and light of the flame and the food that was prepared there.
The fire was treated with respect since the same flame which provided energy for the home could just as easily destroy it.