success

Feb 28, 2018

What is that you hope for your children?

In today’s gospel reading we meet the “mother of the sons of Zebedee.” She was ambitious for her boys, but in the conversation with Jesus she comes to see that something more is offered than an earthly understanding of human success.

1. Living in harmony with Jesus is my prayer for my family.

2. Lasting success is “getting to heaven”…. (what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world if he loses his very soul doing that…)

3. Thank you for your ‘ injection’ of hope in the mornings Fr John, It is truly life changing to learn to be aware of God’s presence with us every moment of every day, not just when we are in trouble!.

4. Thank you for this message.this is my prayer for my family

5. As a mother and grandmother in this modern technological, war torn, driven world, my hope is that the family will know that they are loved and for this to build resilience and good mental health. I will pray, in God’s time the results will be experienced.

6. It is my prayer that my Children and Grandchildren come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and
    to have a personal relationship with him ……

7. Thank goodness…’Children’ and not the American (and now too, ANZ) alternative to that name…
    As regularly, a worthwhile message for all. Thank you.

moving ahead

moving ahead

The discipline of daily writing keeps me alert to the presence and action of Jesus in my life every day.

the seekers

the seekers

If the Magi had settled for seeking creature comforts, they would never have encountered the Lord.

truth seeking

truth seeking

A faith that is deeply rooted in friendship with Christ is adult and mature. It is this friendship that opens us up to all that is good

a conversation

a conversation

a podcast conversation between Siân Owen RSJ, Merv Duffy SM & John O’Connor

the blessing

the blessing

Nothing can take this peace from believers. Indeed, sufferings do not undermine but build up our hope,