you will be found

Sep 27, 2021

I was reminded today of a wonderful (virtual) gathering that I was privileged to be a part of twelve months ago this week. As I looked over the Festival of Friendship website to see what was planned for the festival this year I discovered the YouTube recording of my keynote.

I thought you might appreciate it if you have 45 minutes to spare.

The title of my conversation with Joshua Stancil was the theme of the October 2020 gathering: “You Will Be Found”.

1. Amen thanks Father John that was such an interesting and inspiring recording really enjoyed Amen

2. Fr John awesome talk. It is so inspiring and talking from the heart. It has great food for thought. Thank you.

3. I really enjoyed this, it is lovely sharing all this wonderful thoughts and ideas.

• Thanks, this talk gives hope of ‘being found’ on the journey, because of the good company of others (in Christ). Thanks, for that, and for all the other delightful sharing. I couldn’t help thinking of Peter running to the tomb and not finding his father waiting for him. Thanks.

4. Thank you John for sharing your wonderful gift to inspire us on our journey. Blessings.

5. Thankyou Fr John,

saving for your first LP,
    Simon and Garfunkel,yesI enjoyed
    Their music,but, the happy fix does not last for ever,true
    I am in a cast,so am not very mobile,but as I look out my window
    I see the seasons,at the
    Moment,’spring’ given to me as a glimpse of the more beautifull eternal picture,what more do I need
    At my moment of confinement
    It is an awesome sight,to know GOD GAVE US THIS.
    THANKYOU LORD,
    FOR YOUR CREATION
    THAT MY EYES SAVOUR
    AMEN

6. This was amazing, I am going to presnt it to my Joshua group, thank you.

• Thank you Fr John appreciate it so much. Blessings.

sorrowful

sorrowful

Sometimes in the middle of the night, even without waking, I feel the cross with the figure, the dead Christ, and remember

cafe protagonist

cafe protagonist

Last year I suggested that people might like to take the initiative to organise gatherings at cafes and bar

Last Supper

Last Supper

“If the Eucharist is just a symbol, then to hell with it.”

Transfiguration

Transfiguration

This Mystery of the Rosary opens the door between earthly routines and ordinariness and divine eternity and life.

walking together

walking together

Recent popes don’t speak much about the “kingdom” of God. Instead their language is new, fresh and relevant.