FFF the book

Nov 10, 2023

It is many months since I last sent an update to all on the Food For Faith readers, but I thought this news was worth sharing widely. You who are reading this are the first to know that FFF is now a book.

It has been an adventure, beginning with a volcano in Iceland a decade ago, recalling the beautiful braided rivers (note the cover) of Canterbury in Aotearoa New Zealand, and full of inspiration from people in every parish, chaplaincy and community in which I have served.

In Food For Faith (the book) I have gathered reflections from the FFF website in the hope that they might present Christian faith in a way that is attractive and inspiring, the ultimate adventure, a relationship with the divine which offers meaning and motivation to every person in every moment.

Every day I am with people who may have once been baptised but now feel a distance between themselves and the Church and God. Perhaps at times we are these people, as are too many of our family, friends, neighbours and workmates. This book therefore is for us. For all of us.

Perhaps the timing of this launch might suggest the book as a Christmas gift – maybe for the family member or friend who is living faith in a way which doesn’t seem to fit the traditional religious structures. My hope in these pages is to show that not not only do we fit, but we belong.

This email message marks the official launch of the book. I am also happy to come to your community perhaps for a one hour Advent reflection sharing insights from the book, and I’ll bring a few copies for purchase.  Email me at john@fff.org.nz to arrange this.

Click the image below to order your book directly from the publisher. The book is also available wherever good books are sold – ask at your local bookseller.

1. What a splendid gift for myself & others.

2. As l have low vision, I’m hopeful the print will not be too small. I will look out for it in the bookshops

Margaret

3. When and where can we buy Food For Faith?

• Click on the book cover just above the comments.

4. Congratulations Fr John, looking forward to reading this.
    I hope that through this book many people will come to know that God’s loving mercy is for ALL!

5. Thank you John, we all need encouragement to grow our Faith daily. I look forward to reading this. God bless you immensely.
    Anne

6. Have just ordered the book. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for your work, Fr John.

7. Absolutely wonderful. I look forward to getting and sharing. Thank you Fr. John

8. Well done John on this beautiful resource!

Keep inspiring!
    Lewis

9. I have received my copy, and am now ordering one as a gift for my goddaughter who is making her way back into embracing Catholicism. Thank you, John. It’s a beautiful book.
    Marie

growing young

growing young

A simple experiment will give a more personal experience of the life that is on offer.

sky gazing

sky gazing

The disciples were full of joy at the Lord’s definitive departure. We would have expected the opposite.

farm time

farm time

Now there’s a sabbatical inspiration: learning to wait. Yes I might plant seeds, but God brings the harvest.

ponderings

ponderings

There people gather on their own turangawaewae, the place where they stand, lead and are most at home