Thank God it’s Friday.
Well, it is my Friday (end of the week at Sunday night). It has again been a very satisfying weekend.
- A retreat day in Christchurch on Friday then drive to Hanmer Springs
- Saturday morning coffee and Press cryptic under the trees in Hanmer.
- The Hawarden Show
- Saturday evening Mass at Hanmer. Great conversations afterwards.
- Dinner with friends unexpectedly in Hanmer
- Early morning drive from Hanmer to Amberley – as light was touching the sky
- Mass at Amberley (8.00am). Great conversation afterwards.
- Drive to Hawarden for Mass (10.00am). Great conversation afterwards.
- Baptism at Hawarden.
- Dinner with the baptism family.
- Drive to Cheviot
- Cheviot Mass at 5pm. Great conversation afterwards.
Now I’ve poured a Lenten wine and am enjoying a novel.
And the wonderful prayer from the NZ (Anglican) book of prayer is my night prayer:
The night is for stillness. Let us be still in the presence of God. It is night after a long day. What has been done has been done; what has not been done has not been done. Let our fears of the darkness of the world and of our own lives rest in you. Let the quietness of your peace enfold us, and all who have no peace. The night heralds the dawn. Let us look expectantly to a new day,