There are a few websites that I choose carefully and follow closely. They provide safe surfing since I can rely on them to give a sound diet of good food for faith.
Saturday marks the first month anniversary of the launch of Chelsea Houghton’s “Restless Press” website (www.restlesspress.net). I have found the articles from a team of regular contributors very helpful. Chelsea introduces her site on launch day (October 1) with this description:
Restless Press brings together passionate Catholic content creators (writers and other mediums), young and not so young, from around Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. They come from many different backgrounds including mothers, professionals, church workers, dressmakers and seminarians. They write as themselves about their lives, about the things that they really care about and could talk about for hours and the things they have learnt about that they want to share with others.
Content will be published under the following categories:
- Inspiration: Covering Prayer and Reflection and In Season (covering all things to do with that liturgical season – prayers, recipes, crafts, reflections…)
- Formation: The knowledge we need to make sense of faith
- Wellbeing: Physical, Mental, Spiritual and Cultural/Social (anything from NFP, exercise, food through to eating disorders etc)
- In Action: Upcoming Events, Politics and current events, Activism, Social Justice, Bioethics, Mission
- Lifestyle: Discernment, Single Life and Dating, Marriage, Family and Parenthood, Priesthood, Religious Life
- Entertainment and Culture: Film, Fashion, Music, Literature, Technology
- Everyday Witness: Short Q&A style testimonies
Each month we will have features surrounding a theme (or two). This month we will be focusing on the theme of Mission, which is also one of the Pope’s prayer intentions for the month. Also, the theme of War and Peace will feature, both as one of the Pope’s intentions for the month, but also as the world works out what it is doing about the attacks and issue of ISIS over the coming month.
Our mission at Restless Press? I think Pope Francis summed it up quite well when he said:
“To give witness with joy and simplicity to who we are and what we believe in”.