Perhaps the most popular Advent hymn is the antiphon O Come O Come Emmanuel. This great hymn is formed from the “O Antiphons” that guide us through the last seven days of preparation for Christmas from 17 – 23 December. These antiphons feature at Vespers (Evening Prayer of the Church) on each of these days.
- December 17: O Sapientia (O Wisdom)
- December 18: O Adonai (O Lord)
- December 19: O Radix Jesse (O Root of Jesse)
- December 20: O Clavis David (O Key of David)
- December 21: O Oriens (O Dayspring)
- December 22: O Rex Gentium (O King of the nations)
- December 23: O Emmanuel (O With Us is God)
Several websites give helpful introductions these great antiphons. Try this one at wdtprs.com.